We always welcome your tax-deductible donation to The Women’s Center, Inc. By donating to our Annual Fund, you help support our current programs and services.
Help ensure that our programs stay strong by sponsoring a resident at Harbor House (HH)
- Food for 1 client/week $55.00
- Food for 1 mom/dad & 2 children at HH/week $160.00
- Total cost for 1 client for 1 night $12.50
- Total cost for 1 client for 1 week $87.50
- Total cost for 1 mom/dad & 2 children/night $36.30
- Total cost for 1 mom/dad & 2 children/1 week $254.10
State and federal funding covers two-thirds of the annual operating costs including all of the programs and staff who provide direct client services. None of that funding though is used to cover costs of having Harbor House, marketing our services, educational materials, or the offices in Marquette or Munising for domestic and sexual violence crisis support and advocacy.
This is paid through individual and corporate donations, community grants, third party fundraisers, Women’s Center, Inc. annual fundraisers, and our through revenue that is generated from our resale shop, Pak Ratz.
- Harbor House is the only DV and SA shelter for Alger and Marquette Counties. It shelters over 120 women, men and children each year.
- It is our community’s role to ensure we have a shelter so that women and men know they, and their children, will be safe while they work at changing their lives for the better.